Canvasing for a Cause
Canvasing is the method of making direct statements and contacts with the individuals either with or on behalf of a political figure running for office. It is important to get out and canvas for individuals running for any election. This is especially important if you believe in the candidate and the message that the candidate delivers.
Ways to Canvas for a Cause
- Place a sign in your yard for the candidates of your choice.
- Get involved with the phone banks and call upon local constituents to gain support for a candidate.
- Volunteer if possible to canvas directly with the candidate in order to spread the message during election time.
- Become a “paid” canvasser by trying to join the official staff of a candidate running for an office.
- Field canvas by going door to door either by yourself or more preferably with 1 or 2 other individuals to garner support for the candidate.
- Take part in a direct mail campaign to get literature about the candidate directly in the voters hands.
- Other indirect ways of canvasing include bumper stickers, lapel pins, postcards and much more.